Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bottles that all "cure" Colic?!

When you go into Babies R Us there are so many bottles to choose from WALLS of them! So really how are you supposed to know which one to choose? They all say the same thing, they cure colic!
Luckily, or unluckily however you look at it I got the chance to try just about all of them with my daughter due to her being a little colic. And basically to be honest NON of them cure colic, some are better with gas for sure but thats really the extent of it. And I know when you are going through the tough time of a colic child you desperately want to believe that there is in fact something out there that will "cure" the screaming! So they can get you with a cool $20 bottle that promises to be your dream come true.
"Solution": I will give my opinions of each of the bottles I used and see what you think!
- Born Free: I won these in a raffle bc these are very expensive for bottles. However I actually liked these bottles and they did work well, but there are the annoying extra pieces to wash each time.
- Dr. Brown: I like these as well. You never see the bubbles come up as the baby is sucking which shows that there is no gas in the bottle. However once again in the task of washing these there are so many pieces. But for colicy babies I would suggest either the Born Free or Dr. Brown, but I believe Dr. Brown are cheaper.
- Avent: These were ok but I found if you do not get the top on correctly right away they leak really bad, and when the baby is crying and really hungry and you are rushing this can be a problem.
- Playtex: These are good bottles however you need to keep up with buying the bags which can get very expensive!

1 comment:

  1. I hated the Avent bottles and loved them at the same time. They work great for not producing excess air, but like you said, getting the top on right was a pain in the butt. I used to pre-make my bottles ahead of time and double check the tops so that we didn't have a massive formula leak.

    ReplyDelete