Friday, July 1, 2011

New Age Thank You Cards?!

I have been blessed now with some of the most beautiful gifts for my children before and after having them. HOWEVER, I am HORRIBLE with snail mail. I dont mind buying the nice thank you cards, I love writing them out...but then I dread getting to the post and actually mailing them! One if you are working a 9-5 job the post office is so hard to get to, but lets face it when you're on maternity leave that "excuse" goes out the window! Two there is always the longest line at the post office, but really thats a small price to pay for someone getting you a gorgeous gift for your new child...so really what is it for me? The addresses!!! To me now a days knowing someone's address is like knowing someone's phone number by heart! I have heard rumblings that a beautiful Thank You ecard is "tacky"...true!!?? Honestly I'd rather have a huge dinner and cook for everyone to say thank you then track down everyone's addresses! I have come up with some ways to help myself get over this silly problem. But really I would love to know ARE internet based Thank You cards tacky, or inconsiderate...thoughts!?
Oh and to this I also have one thing that drives me crazy...handing me a thank you card, really you might as well just say thank you then! If I'm tracking your address down and getting the stamps and sending these puppies out, well then my thank you card better get the same royal treatment! ;)
"Solution": One thing I now do to help myself is as soon as I get the gift I take down the return address listed and put it into my bberry! BUT I have gotten alot of gifts this time around in person so there's obviously no return address stated, so maybe it's just a matter of asking "thanks could I have your address so I can send you a thank you in writing?" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment